Petzl ZIGZAG-KIT-3 ZigZag Prusik Left Handed Ascension Climbing Kit
Get your climb on! The amount of climbing gear needed in many circumstances can be a very large investment in time and money to research the correct gear needed to perform the task. Climbing kits are packaged to include most everything needed without having to buy everything separately.
The ZigZag mechanical prusik for arborists combines all the individual pieces of gear being used in doubled rope climbing into a single mechanical prusik that operates just like climbing on a hitch and prusik in DdRT. AM'D Carabiners D shape particularly suited for connection to diverse equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. Its fluid interior design and Keylock system facilitate handling. This kit will keep you climbing.
(1) D022BA00 ZigZag PLUS
(2) M34ATL Carabiners
(1) B17ALA Petzl Ergonomic Left Hand Handled Ascender
(1) B02CLA Petzl Pantin Foot Ascender
Petzl D022BA00 ZigZag PLUS Mechanical Prusik
The ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical Prusik allows the user to move around efficiently in a tree using classic Prusik pulley system technique. The friction chain provides precision and fluidity when moving around. The pulley is mounted on sealed ball bearings to allow the slack to be taken up easily. Can be used on either doubled ropes or a single rope, providing great versatility. The lower attachment hole with high-efficiency swivel ensures stable and correct positioning of the mechanical Prusik and optimal rope glide through the device.
Intuitive to use:
- technique identical to classic Prusik pulley system
- the device locks automatically on the rope once the friction chain extends
For efficient movement within the tree:
- rope feed is smooth and precise thanks to the release lever, allowing the user great control over his/her movements. Adjusting the pressure on this lever controls the speed of movement
- easy to take up slack, thanks to the pulley mounted on sealed ball bearings and the separated and curved side plates
- lower attachment hole with high-efficiency swivel ensures stable and correct positioning of the mechanical Prusik and optimal rope glide through the device
- for use on either doubled ropes or a single rope, thanks to the CHICANE accessory, which offers more friction on the descent, and the KNEE ASCENT assemblies, which facilitate the ascent
- upper attachment hole for the rope end when using a doubled rope or for the CHICANE auxiliary braking device when using a single rope. It has a flexible positioning ring that helps keep the connector oriented along its major axis
- auxiliary attachment hole for adding a ZILLON lanyard or connecting a second system
- steel construction for improved durability
- separated and curved side plates for better wear resistance
Rope compatibility: 11.5 to 13 mm diameter
ZIGZAG PLUS allows the user to work in compliance with the ANSI Z133 standard
Petzl M34ATL Am'D Lightweight Asymmetric Carabiner
The Am’D lightweight asymmetric carabiner is made of aluminum. It has a D shape particularly suited for connection to diverse equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. Its fluid interior design and Keylock system facilitate handling. The Am’D carabiner is available in three locking systems: automatic TRIACT-LOCK or BALL-LOCK system, or the manual SCREW-LOCK system.D shape is particularly suited for connection to equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. This aluminum carabiner whose light weight reduces the weight of equipment the worker at height needs to carry. May be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device. The H cross-section ensures an improved strength-to-weight ratio and protects markings from abrasion.
- Easier handling
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
Available in three different locking systems:
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- BALL-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening, with lock indicator
- SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
Petzl B17ALA Ergonomic Left Hand Handled Ascender
Handled rope clamp for rope ascents, the ASCENSION features an over-molded grip and ergonomic upper part for a comfortable and powerful grip when pulling with one or two hands. The ASCENSION handled rope clamp has a wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for a lanyard and foot loop.
- an ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
- wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even with thick gloves.
- ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- the safety catch is totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or dirty ropes...)
- the wide lower hole allows the carabiners of the CONNECT ADJUST lanyard and FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop to be easily attached
- upper hole for clipping a carabiner around the rope
Petzl B02CLA Pantin Foot Ascender
Designed to make rope ascents faster and less tiring.Typically used to complement CROLL, ASCENSION or ASCENTREE rope clamps.Our patented design facilitates rope glide on the first few meters. The toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions. With a mechanism totally integrated into the body of the rope clamp snagging is prevented. Rugged construction stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion making it durable and long-lasting.
- releases from the rope with a simple backward movement of the foot
- easy and quick adjustment with DoubleBack buckle
- catch available as an accessory to keep the rope in the device during rope ascents
- Rugged construction: stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion
- Dyneema® straps resist abrasion