Frequently Asked Questions
We pride ourselves on being the one-stop-shop for all professional landscapers in the Midwest! Thanks to our strong relationships with top-rated brands, we are able to carry the widest selection of equipment at the lowest possible prices. We are here to assist you however we can, so if you have an inquiry that isn't on our list of frequently asked questions, contact a Russo representative for more information.
What hours are your stores open?
- Our store hours are generally Monday thru Friday: 7 am - 4 pm; Saturday: 7 am - 12 pm; Sunday: Closed. For the most up-to-date store hours including holiday hours, please select your local store on our store locator page here: Russo Locations.
What does OPE stand for?
- OPE is short for Outdoor Power Equipment. Outdoor Power Equipment is machinery operated by an engine or electric power and used to maintain commercial, public, and residential lawns and gardens or used in landscape, turf, golf course, green nursery, forestry, or tree maintenance.
What are the product categories that Russo sells?
- We sell a variety of landscaping and snow removal equipment and supplies that will meet your needs no matter what season it is! Shop our selection of Power Equipment, Parts, Winter Goods, Arbor, Turf, Supplies & Tools, Trailers, Vehicles & Tractors, and Used Equipment.
Can I demo equipment before buying?
- Yes, you can! We have a dedicated demo team that will bring equipment right to your crew so you can test in any environment you want. Please fill out the request a demo form to get started!
Do you offer delivery or buy online pick up in-store?
- We do! Some restrictions apply, so please ask when placing your order.
Can I text my sales rep?
- Yes, we can communicate through texting! Click the red "Text us!" button at the bottom right hand of the page to get started.
How can I contact Russo? Who can I talk to if I have other questions?
- If you still have more questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
How do I get a copy of an invoice or a statement?
- Reach out to our finance team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can provide any information needed.
Who do I call if I need to make a change to my account?
- Call 847-233-7834 and ask for accounts receivable. They will be able to help update any information!
Can I make a payment online?
- We offer payment links for all open invoices. Contact your local sales rep for more information.
Do you offer financing on mowers and large equipment?
- Yes, we do! We offer several finance options for commercial loans and leases, including but not limited to, Yard Card, Sheffield, Synchrony, Western Equipment Finance, Kubota Financing, and Avant Techno Finance.
How do I fill out a credit application?
- Any and all of our locations can assist you with filling out a credit application in person.
- Some financing options allow you to remain in the comfort of your own home while filling out a credit application like Yard Card or Sheffield Financial.
Who can I talk to if I have other finance questions?
- If you still have more finance questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
RussoPower.com Online Order Questions:
What is my order status?
- Check your email for your tracking number. You can also look under My Orders when signed into your account on our website.
When will I receive my order?
- All in-stock items will be delivered in 2-3 business days. Special order items have an 8-15 day lead time.
What is your return policy?
- We will not accept a return without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Please email us at email@example.com to obtain an RMA number and shipping instructions. You will receive credit back in the same manner you first paid within 5 business days of us receiving the returned item.
- Please read our full return policy to see if your purchase will qualify as returnable.
Does Russo provide the shipping label for a return?
- Yes, we do! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When my order is shipped or ready to be picked up, will I receive notification emails?
- Yes, you will! If you do not automatically receive one, please email email@example.com.
How do I cancel my order?
- If your order has not yet shipped, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224-268-3037. Note: we cannot guarantee cancellation.
How do I make a tax-exempt purchase?
- Please email your Tax-Exempt documents to email@example.com.
Do you ship outside the United States?
- No, we only ship within the US.
Do I need to create an account before ordering online?
- An account is not necessary, however, we do recommend it!
I’m having trouble placing my order, who do I contact?
Why is my payment getting declined?
- Please make sure the billing address that you entered matches the credit card you are using. If troubles persist, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 224-268-3037.
Who can I talk to if I have other online order questions?
- If you still have more online order questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
When servicing my equipment, do you offer pick-up and drop-off for my machine?
- Yes, we charge $30 for pick up and another $30 to drop off equipment within a 20-mile radius of our locations. Extra fees apply for anything beyond 20 miles.
Is there a diagnostic charge just to look at my machine?
- Yes, there is a diagnostic fee for all equipment:
- For small to medium landscape equipment, a charge worth .5 hrs of labor is applied.
- For large tractors, RTVs, utility loaders, and truck & trailer equipment, a charge worth 1.0 hrs of labor is applied.
How long will it take for my machine to be diagnosed & repaired?
- Wait times can vary depending on the time of year and product availability. Please call ahead to inquire about our lead times.
Do you service all outdoor power equipment?
- We only service the brands we support. Please call ahead if you are unsure of the machine in need of service.
Can I wait for repairs?
- You cannot wait for repairs. (Unless it's something quick like sharpening or replacing a single mower blade or replacing an entire wheel assembly.)
Can I get a loaner?
- The short answer is it depends on your warranty status.
- Loaners are provided during the 1st year if the repair is covered by warranty and the repairs will take longer than 48 hours.
- You can receive discounted rentals for 1+ years if under warranty.
- If your machine is outside of warranty, normal rental rates apply.
Do I need an appointment?
- For equipment, we use a "1st come, 1st service" system; there are no appointments.
- For trailers, spreaders, and plows, call ahead to make an appointment or submit a Service Request Form.
Who can I talk to if I have other service questions?
- If you still have more service questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
What kinds of parts do you carry?
- We carry over one million parts for all types of outdoor power equipment including engines, air filters, belts, batteries, spark plugs, trimmer line, blades, maintenance kits, and so much more. We do not list every part that we carry on our website. If you don't see what you're looking for online, call or text an in-store rep.
How do I find the right part to fix my equipment?
- If you know what you need but don't know the SKU number, use our parts finder to search.
- If you don't know exactly which part is needed, our parts specialists are here to help! Have the year, make, and model of your equipment available as well as any serial and model number information you can find.
If you don't have the part that I need, can you order it?
- We can special order almost anything. Let's work together to find the part that you need!
Do you carry more parts than what is displayed on your website?
- Yes! Each location features an extensive parts department that features over one million different items, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website, visit one of our stores and we’ll do everything we can to help you. Check out our store locator to find your nearest Russo location!
If I'm not sure which part needs to be replaced, can you help me figure it out?
- If your equipment isn't working properly, but you don’t know the cause, our knowledgeable service specialists can take a look. Call our service department to schedule a diagnostic appointment. With a diagnosis, you'll be able to decide if you'd like our service department to fix it or order parts and fix it yourself.
Who can I talk to if I have specific questions about parts?
- If you still have more parts questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
Salt Supply Questions:
Where can I buy salt & de-icer?
What kinds of salt & ice melt do you carry?
- We have a wide selection of de-icing solutions to fit most needs. With rock salt, liquid power melt, and other options, Russo has you covered. Whether you need ice melt by the bag, pallet, or truckload, you’ll be ready to tackle whatever winter has in store for you. To learn more, visit our Russo Salt Supply resource page.
What is the difference between salt and de-icer?
- The term de-icer fully encompasses the entire umbrella of ice melt solutions, and salt is just one of the solutions that can be used when ice is present. Salt is classified as a de-icer, but there are other solid and liquid products that can be used to better handle each task at hand. To learn more about which ice melt is right for you, visit our de-icer resource page.
What is the best salt or ice melt for me?
- Although most ice melt solutions can work for many scenarios, there are specific products that will work best in different situations. Learn which de-icer is best for your specific circumstance!
When should I apply salt or de-icer?
- De-icer should be applied differently based on the weather. Depending on how wet or dense the snow is, applying ice melt at different times can optimize the products’ performance. For more information, reach out to one of our in-store salt supply specialists.
How should I apply my salt or ice melt?
- Depending on your specific needs, de-icers can be applied in many different ways. Whether you are applying by hand, using walk-behind or truck-mounted spreaders, or other equipment, we have everything you need to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Shop all winter goods to find the right equipment for the task at hand.
Who can I talk to if I have specific questions about salt or de-icer?
- If you still have more salt supply questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
Plant Health Care Questions:
What kinds of plant health care products do you sell?
- We carry an array of plant health care products including equipment, fertilizer, fungicides, insecticides, peat moss, turf & tree control, weed & grass control, and more to fulfill all of your landscaping needs. Browse our turf supply products.
When is the right time to apply different lawn care products?
- Many different factors go into lawn care product application timing, especially the time of year, which is why we came up with a 5-step lawn program to help guide you through the changing seasons. Take a look at the 5-step lawn program, or talk to a PHC expert today!
How should I apply lawn care products?
- Depending on what kind of product you need to apply, you may require different pieces of equipment. We carry a selection of spreaders and sprayers, including handheld, walk-behind, and stand on, so visit one of our locations or look at our products to find exactly what you’re looking for!
Are there different products that should be used for different types of lawns?
- Just like people, different types of lawns may require different applications to truly bring out the best in them. Whether you know what kind of lawn you are working with or not, our turf supply specialists are here to help you figure out the best strategy to use to breathe new life into your lawns. Get in touch with a Russo PHC expert here: Russo 5-Step Lawn Program Contact Form.
Do you sell PHC products for professionals or homeowners?
- While we specialize in products for professionals, we do sell to homeowners as well! We carry varying sizes of different chemicals, fertilizer, and other applicants, so whether you’re buying for one lawn or one hundred, we have you covered!
Do you only sell lawn chemicals or do you sell lawn care equipment as well?
- We carry both lawn care applicants like fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides, and more as well as equipment like spreaders, sprayers, aerators, power rakes, and more! Shop our turf supply products.
Who can I talk to if I have specific questions about plant health care?
- If you still have more turf and plant health care questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!
What kinds of Arbor equipment do you sell?
- We carry an extensive amount of arbor equipment like rope, carabiners, accessories, pruning & trimming tools, harnesses, pulleys, rigging, safety supplies, and much more. Learn more about our robust arbor department from our certified experts on staff.
Do you sell Arbor products for professionals or hobbyists?
- Whether trees are a passion, a profession, or a little bit of both, we carry equipment for all uses!
How do I figure out which arbor gear is right for me to use?
- If you’re unsure about which pieces of equipment or supplies you need to get your job done safely and accurately, ask one of our arbor specialists! Come into one of our stores or start the conversation through our texting chat box.
Is there different equipment that should be used for different types of trees/jobs?
- As for many jobs, different equipment can be required for different tasks. Some tools can be a bit more versatile while others are designed for a specific purpose, so if you’re unsure, feel free to ask for the advice of one of our arbor experts!
Does arbor equipment wear out or get old? How often do I need to replace it?
- Arbor equipment is often the difference between safe work and risky work. While there isn’t a normal expiration date on most items, they do get old, wear down, and can be less effective as time goes on. If you’re not sure if your equipment is still up to the correct standards, our knowledgeable in-house arborists are happy to help!
How can I test my equipment to make sure that it's safe to use?
- If you want to make sure that you get trusted advice from an industry professional, we actually offer training demos at our Elgin location. During these seminars, certified experts will teach you about the basics of rope maintenance and safety. If you aren’t able to make it, though, simply reach out to any of our specialists and ask… we’re always here to help!
Do you only sell arbor gear or do you sell arbor power equipment as well?
- In addition to gear, we sell everything from chainsaws and other pruning/trimming equipment to chemicals and everything in between! Explore our selection of arbor equipment and supplies.
Who can I talk to if I have specific questions about arbor?
- If you still have more arbor questions, feel free to visit our contact page and get all of your questions answered!